Join our Energizer team and help Corvallis become one of the most energy efficient communities in the nation by volunteering a few hours a year.
We stand at a unique moment in human history. The actions we take today to address climate change will have profound influence on our lives, the lives of future generations, and the thriving of ecosystems and species.
It is up to all of us to decide how we are going to live and what kind of community we are going to create. Energize Corvallis is dedicated to helping Corvallis become one of the most energy efficient, climate-friendly communities in the nation—a community where our houses glow with efficient lights, where it is easy and affordable to make home efficiency upgrades, where our streets are filled with more bikes and buses than cars, and where our neighbors are taking charge of their energy use through everyday actions.
We need your help. Energize Corvallis invites you to become an Energizer volunteer and help make Corvallis a showcase community for energy conservation and grassroots organizing. As an Energizer, we’ll ask you to help get the word out about Energize Corvallis programs, energy efficiency incentives, and educational information four times a year.
Being an Energizer volunteer just takes a few hours a year:
- You define your Energizer network. Your network can be a geographic location such as your block, your neighborhood, or your apartment or townhouse building. Your network can also be a social group such as your colleagues at work, your parent-teacher association, your church, your reading group, or your sports team.
- You decide how to get the word out. We’ll give you an Energize Corvallis flyer to share with your network four times a year. You can email the flyer to your network or you can pick up copies of the flyer and hand them out.
- You decide when to get the word out. You’ll have a whole month to send your email or distribute your flyers, so you can pick the time that is just right for you and your network.
To become an Energizer, please click here to register.
Current Energizer volunteers in the Creation Care network include representatives from the following faith communities:
- Calvary Corvallis
- Corvallis First United Methodist Church
- Corvallis Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends
- Corvallis Mennonite Fellowship
- Episcopal Church of the Good Samaritan
- First Congregational United Church of Christ
- Grace Lutheran Church
- Seventh-Day Adventist
- United Campus Ministry at OSU – Westminster House
- Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Corvallis
- WestMinster House, United Campus Ministries