Winter/Spring 2013 Take Charge team!
Name: Lauren Armony
- Hometown: Portland, OR
- Major: Natural Resources and Sustainability Minor: in Writing
- I would want a sloth as a pet
- Favorite Take Charge Action: Waste-Free lunches/meals because it brings more consciousness to my meals and where I am getting them. I regularly compost and unplug my electronics the most, though
- I was pied in the face on Slime Time Live (on Nickelodeon) in fourth grade
- When I’m not interning, I really like to hike, read, and bike around town.
Name: Kim Kelly
- Hometown: Forest Grove, Oregon
- Major: New Media Communications
- I would keep my cat Barb because she’s my all-time favorite animal
- Favorite Take Charge Action: Working out on the energy generating ellipticals at Dixon, and drinking from reusable mugs/ water bottles
- In my spare time I like to drink Starbucks, watch YouTube videos, tweet, and read.
Name: Kevin Wiencek
- Hometown: San Juan Capistrano, California
- Major: Political Science and Spanish
- Dream Pet: Dog probably a Husky
- Favorite Take Charge Action: Buying local produce instead of imported produce
- I enjoy doing triathlons.
Name: Ali Lindsey
- Hometown: Meridian, Idaho
- Major: Environmental Science, Options: Pre- Education and Conservation & Sustainability
- I would have a Pomsky (Pomeranian-Husky) named Poseidon
- Favorite Take Charge Action: Have at least one vegetarian day
- When I’m not interning, I am at my other job, school, or working as the Philanthropy Chair for my sorority (Delta Delta Delta).
Name: Angela Yragui
- Hometown: Seattle, Washington
- Major: Environmental Science, Option: Conservation and Sustainability
- Dream Pet: Sugar Glider
- Favorite Take Charge Action: the Direct Install program!
- Favorite Store: Goodwill
Name: Kendahl Mayfield
- Hometown: Newberg, Oregon
- Major: Public Health- Health Promotion Health Behavior as well as Human Development and Family Sciences
- Dream Pet: I would love to have a baby cheetah because they are extremely cute and look really cuddly -Favorite Take Charge Action: using a reusable water bottle and hang drying clothes
- In my spare time I enjoy scrapbooking and being outdoors doing activities such as hiking, running and snowshoeing.
Name: Andrew Peyton
- Hometown: West Linn, Oregon
- Major: Political Science, Minor: Women Studies
- Dream Pet: Probably would go with a Savannah Cat. They’re a hybrid semi-domestic species. It’s a cross between a domestic cat and the Serval (wild African large eared cat) they’re super expensive.
- Favorite Take Charge Action: hand washing dishes instead of using the dish washer
- I really enjoy longboarding and arguing politics.
Name: Stella Ludwig
- Hometown: Columbia Falls, Montana
- Major: AAS degree in renewable energy management at Lane Community College
- Dream Pet: Elephant
- Favorite Take Charge Action: ending junk mail, it takes just a brief minute and makes an unbelievable impact
- Outside of my internship I enjoy skateboarding and jumping rope
Summer 2012 Take Charge team!
Energize Corvallis Program Director:
Energize Corvallis Program Coordinator:
2012 Summer Interns for Communities Take Charge:
(Front Row, from left)
(Back Row, from left)
More about the Interns:
Sarah “Solar Energy” Bass
- From Wilsonville, Oregon
- Studied Environmental Science and GIS
- Sarah’s random fun fact is that her favorite movie genre is horror
- Her favorite part about being an intern for Energize Corvallis is “getting to know the other interns”
- One Take Charge action she is doing this summer is checking her tire pressure, she just got a new car and is looking to start off driving as efficiently as possible
- Sarah loves to work on puzzle games such as Sudoku
Monica “Megawatt” Bletcher
- From Sherwood, Oregon
- Studying Public Health Management with a Policy/ Business Minor
- Her random fun fact is that she has a “serious phobia about having my neck touched and seeing peoples inner eyelids”.
- Her favorite part about being a public outreach intern is “Everyone who I have met and helping the environment!”
- One action she is doing to Take Charge this summer is unplugging appliances
- Monica loves “Camping, boating, reading outdoors, just being outside ”
Morgan “Megatron” Engle
- From Corvallis, Oregon
- Studying Environmental Studies & Coastal Management
- One random fun fact about Morgan is that she loves to bake cupcakes!
- Her favorite part about being an intern this summer is meeting awesome people in the community who are sustainably minded
- The top energy saving action on her list this summer is air-drying all her clothes
- In her free time, Morgan loves to bike around town
Piper “Photovoltaic” Gazeley”
- From Corvallis, Oregon
- Studying French and International Affairs
- Her fun fact is that her “street name is P Gaze”
- Piper’s favorite part about being an intern is “Hanging out with all the other interns and meeting cool people in Corvallis!”
- Her Take Charge action for the summer is driving slower, combining errands, carpooling and not idling as much
- She loves to dance!
Kevin “Kilowatt” McShane
- From Portland, Oregon
- Studying Public Health
- One fun fact about Kevin is he was the National Representative of all PAC 12 Student Athlete’s to the NCAA Student Athlete Advisory Committee during the 2011-2012 school year
- His favorite part about being an intern with Energize Corvallis is meeting new people and learning new skills
- One Take Charge action he is working on this summer is driving more efficiently
- One thing he loves to do is yard work
Sunny “Sustainable” Ovesen
- From Salem, Oregon
- Studying Chemical Engineering (enjoys anything involving a calculator and lots of pictures)
- Her random fun fact is that she enjoys singing in the shower …very loudly!
- Her favorite part about being a public outreach intern is “Meeting so many interesting and funny people, learning more about sustainability on a larger scale, and getting the doors slammed in the face of course!”
- One action Sunny is doing this summer is starting a tomato garden
- One thing she loves to do is : “I love love love to dance! On a dance floor, in a grocery store, while cooking, you name it!”
Ali “Air-Dry” Ulstad
- From Corvallis, Oregon
- Studying Marketing
- One random fun fact about her is: her favorite foods are grapes and mashed potatoes (but not together)
- Ali’s favorite part about being an public outreach volunteer is “Meeting so many new people! It has been so much fun to get to know the other interns, and I really enjoy going out and interacting with the public.”
- One Take Charge action she is aiming to do this summer is unplugging electronics.
- She loves to sing! She has been singing in choir since she was in 3rd grade.
Danny “The Water Saver” Walters
- From Atlanta, GA
- His academic Interests are Political Science and Natural Resources
- One random fun fact is he has traveled to almost all 50 states
- His favorite part of being an intern is “getting to meet exciting and interesting people in the community”
- One Take Charge action he is taking on this summer is Air- Drying clothes
- Danny loves to travel!